Dolphin beach in Jeffreys bay are pristine for swimming, body surfing, playing, walking, tanning, relaxing. You can spend the whole day on the beach easily but take plenty of sunscreen!.
Visit the other 4 beaches too for long strolls on the beach and rocks during the day, and at night there is at least 40 restaurants and eateries to choose from.
The Billabong shops & art area is very interesting to see with the lovely thatch roofs, also visit the Shell Museum near the main beach.
On the off chance the weather is not good for the beach, go to Fountain's Mall - it's modern with many shops, restaurants, etc. If you look for Hollywood entertainment and non-stop glitter - you're not in NYC! Entertain yourself with quality activities and relaxation in nature and get up with the sun and enjoy all Jeffreysbay & the area has to offer. If you visit peak season (Dec - Feb, book your hotel well in advance) or during SA's 4 school holidays or during the yearly international world surfing event that's held in JBay for about 10 days.
Nice day-trips include
1. Horse riding on the beach and fantastic sand dunes at Papiesfontein (5 mins' drive from Jeffreys).
2. Going to Martina Martinique (6 mins) and their beach area
3. A boat ride up the Gamtoosriver (10 mins)
4. Picturest Cape St. Francis harbour and the light tower! (30 mins)
4. Visit Seaview Lion park (35 mins and you're guaranteed to see lions, giraffes, zebras, ostriches, deer, etc, etc!!)
5. The new Baywest Mall (40 mins) with glorious shops, movie theatres, ice skating rink whole-year long, many restaurants - shop till you drop!
6. Port Elizabeth (45 mins) beach front, casino, sea-world, Opera theatre, etc
7. Addo Elephant park - world renowned! (1.5 hours), sleep over a few nights.
8. Drive down the coast and visit Plettenbergbay (about 2 hours), Knysna (2.5 hours), George (3 hours) - it's a breath taking part of South Africa and must- see's!